Need help with what sub to choose. I'm new to this, please help. diamond audio m6

Participant count
  • Participant list

Superman71

Hi I'm from Minnesota and spring is coming up so I want to figure out what I'm going to do with my set up and would like to stick with it for a while. I have a Nissan Xterra SE 2003. I currently have 2 12" diamond audio m6s in a big sealed box with a Orion xtr 800. I loved the sound and they knocked! It flexed my roof and the side of my truck quite a bit too. Unfortunately the amp is no longer working. I now have a Rockford 600.1 bd for an amp and I'm going to trade my box for a big ported one and im looking to run just one sub with the amp. I am thinking of waiting til i get another box for both and an amp to power them or do i keep just the one or do i get a different 12?????

Subs i was thinking about if i just keep 1 12 in the big ported box: (mtx 9500, Alpine type x, RE SXX, rockford t2, cervin vega stroker 122) Now I could just keep both 12 m6s and get a big amp for them.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Get a bigger amp frist and test it out see how you like it even more. if your not satisfied with the box and sub then upgrade later.

not sure of the voice coils on ur subs, but if u can wire them to 1 ohm, u could get an AQ1200D which would give both subs 600 rms, which is what they are rated at.

then if u dont like it, u can upgrade to a single 12 that can handle 900rms@2ohms or 1200@1ohm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.