Need help with system.

terminal206
10+ year member

~TSL~
Tennessee
Hello everyone,

I have a 1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse that I am about to put a system in. I can't make up my mind on what I want, so I thought I would ask everyone on here what they think is best.

I am thinking of doing two things. The first choice is to do a complete Alpine Install (speakers, subs, head unit) and my second choice is to do a complete Eclipse install. I was wondering what you guys would go with? I know Eclipse Head units are great, so that is in their favor. But I already have two 12 inch Type R subs that I am not using that could be put in the car, and have an Alpine IVA-D300 In-dash in my F150, so I know that Alpine's units are good solid head units also.

If money doesn't matter, what would you guys pick? Alpine or Eclipse?

If money did not matter, do an all Rainbow system with the Reference line, and the Kraftwerk amps! But even if you are on a budget, Rainbow has some amazing stuff at a economical price! They will blow anything alpine away along with eclipse.

I would have to ask why do you want a sytem that is totally consist of those 2 brands? I think you will doing your self a diservice if you did that. I would recommend that you use your type r's that is just money that you don't have to spend on new subs and you can direct those funds towrds other areas of your system. What is your goal with this car? Are you planning on doing any video? You say if money where not issue but money is always an issue what is your budget. If you want us to help you we need more information from you. We could suggest things all day long but if they don't fit your needs than what is the point. But in short I would vote against an all alpine or eclipse set up. use some of there stuff but not all.

even if you are on a budget, Rainbow has some amazing stuff at a economical price! They will blow anything alpine away along with eclipse.
The budet line of Rainbow comps don't hold a candle to the Type X and F#1 Status comps, imo. Many will disagree with me, because Rainbow is one of the forum boners right now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

I know this guy personally, and he really wants to stick to "name brand" products. Well, rather main stream name brands. Hes more into SQ and when he says "if money wasnt an issue" he just means whats the best.

He would just like it all to match, alpine h/u, alpine amps, alpine subs, alpine speakers, etc. for sponsership reasonings.

perhaps he should have stated that was his goal and we could be more informative for him. If that is the case I would say roll with eclipse. Unless he is going to jump off into the F1 status stuff or the type X comps. although i do like the looks of the the new alpine PDX amps or what ever they are called the ones you can stack. I have not looked to there performance not something I would run in my car but I am curious to see how they rate.

Alpine seems to have a good line up in their higher end comp speakers, they also make good decks for pretty respectable SQ. From what I read around here Eclipse has one of the better SQ setups as far as decks go, but not as strong of a backround in comp speakers vs. Alpine...If you are stuck on one brand or the other then I would choose Alpine because their decks are still great and their higher end comps are a much more popular choice for good SQ...my opinion is based from what I read around here. Because I have never personally heard a better set of Eclipse Comps in person, my opinion may be biased toward the popular type R/X line up from Alpine.

Hes looking at the Eclipse AVX2494 double din unit right now, but we couldnt find a price last night, not even on ebay.

But I say go with an eclipse h/u and get alpine comps and maybe amps. I have never heard anyone talk about Alpines amps, although I have never really looked for a review either.

Or maybe you could look into Rainbow comps, Idk how they stack up to the typex/f1s but Ive heard good things about them.

In the end, we can sit here all day and tell you what we think you should do but its you whos going to be listening to it everyday so do what you think is best man.

Seth, you mentioned he's wanting a brand-matching system for sponsorship reasons. Has he ever been sponsored before?
No he hasn't, I personally dont understand how getting sponsered works or how you would, Ive never read up on it but thats what he wants to do is get sponsered by Alpine and Infinity

In all reality, odds are slim to none that your friends will get a sponsorship, even if he buys all the products out of his own pocket up front. There's about a 99% chance the company will say, "Hey! Thanks for buying our products!" and make it very clear where the exit door is.

Usually one would want to seek and get a sponsorship first, then get products at discounted or zero cost second. That's how sponsorships generally work: seeks funds first, gets products second.

In all reality, odds are slim to none that your friends will get a sponsorship, even if he buys all the products out of his own pocket up front. There's about a 99% chance the company will say, "Hey! Thanks for buying our products!" and make it very clear where the exit door is.
Usually one would want to seek and get a sponsorship first, then get products at discounted or zero cost second. That's how sponsorships generally work: seeks funds first, gets products second.
Thats what I was thinking too but thats what he wanted so I didnt say anything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.