Need help with system

Participant count
  • Participant list

FiendAZ
10+ year member

Phoenix
OK, here it goes. I currently own the Alpine 7892 head unit. I also have 2 Cerwin Vega 104 10 inchers. I am looking for an amp to power these babies. I know that they are 300 watts RMS/600 watts max a piece. I have been browsing and looking at something like the Lanzar Vibe 228 amp.

Is this a good amp to use? If not, can someone please recommend a good amp to push both of these subs with? Also, I need to know of what wiring kit to use, something like a 8 or 4 guage I was guessing. Thanks for your help!

What about some of the brands, like Legacy or Lanzar? I am looking for something cheaper, one of those amps that push out like 1200 watts aren't good enough? Can that one that I posted be used?

So let me get this straight, if I wire those 2 subs in parallel, I will need something that pushes 600 watts RMS at 2 ohms, correct? But if I want to take full advantage of the subs, should I get an amp that pushes 1200 watts peak at 2 ohms? What would happen if I used an amp that could push 1x1200 watts at 4 ohms? Thanks again guys

Originally posted by Jmac I don't know about that, the eXcelons and Premiers are very good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
crap My fault big time, orry drinking tonight, he is right, the Pioneer Primeers are very very nice, well worht the money very nderratted

Originally posted by Jmac Peak value is a useless figure because that's how much the amplifier can put out for 1 second before the circuit board burns up ... Not to mention the horrible amount of distortion ...

Anyways, you should get an amplifier that pushes 400-600 RMS (Most of the amplifiers I recommended are quite underrated, which means they actually put out a lot more power than it says ... The Premier, for example, puts out over 400 RMS but it's rated to put out 200 ...)

If you wire them in parallel, you will get a 2 ohm load, so you will need something that either pushes 400-600 RMS @ 2 ohms or 400-600 RMS @ 8 ohms (Much more expensive) ...

Anyways, if you use an amplifier that isn't stable at 2 ohms mono, it will run high distortion rates (bad), run hotter (bad), and draw more current than it was designed to handle (bad) ...
and you could cook it for good and the company might not accept it under warrenty if they see that you were running it at the wrong ohm load

OK wait.......when I hook them up, should I hook 1 sub up to each channel or wire them together to run it off of 1 channel.? Also, how is that Crunch one, because I am looking at spending around $150 for an amp.

This **** Ohm stuff confuses the hell out of me. All of those amps are way way out of my current price range, because I actually only have 1 CV sub right now, but a buddy is gonna give me a deal on another. He also has the Pioneer X962 amp and may be willing to part with it, is that a decent amp?

OK, so it comes down to this......I am gonna get the US Acoustics.........is this amp also 'underrated'? Will it make these subs hit hard and clear? Thanks a lot for all of the input guys.

OK, I changed my mind on the US acoustics amp. It seems to me that I can get an amp from another company (I kinda like that profile one) that pushes out more watts. I can spend pretty much right around $300 on amp, sub, and wiring kit. I will say around $135 is what I will end up spending on the Cerwin Vega and the wiring kit. That leaves me with $165, INCLUDING shipping. I want something that can preferably push around 500-600 watts RMS. Can you please recommend a couple of other amps that meet these specifications? Thank you guys so so much, have a merry christmas and thank you!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.