Need help with amps on my new system.

Participant count
  • Participant list

ryanpowell41

CarAudio.com Newbie
michigan
Okay so I’m currently running 2 12inch ct sounds tropo xls. I have a ct sounds 1000.1D amp.
This amp I’m running right now at a 1ohm load I’m only running half the rms wattage they can handle(1000rms) each. I’m only rubbing about 500 each right now.
I have the chance to trade my old alpine type r 10s for a taramps MD3000.1D amp obviously the taramps will push them to full potential but is the trade worth it? I’m also running a stick head unit so putting a bass knob with the taramps amp will be a little hard to do unless someone has an alternative to install a new bass knob with the stock head unit.

Basically what I’m trying to say is should I trade my old type rs for the taramps amp? I don’t need them and they’re just taking up space. And I do NEED a bigger amp. Should I just full send and go for it. Or should I be smart and try to sell them and get the matching ct sounds 2000.1D amp.

Attachments

• C3F0C87C-52D7-4689-978F-1BF1F4775D3C.jpeg
    C3F0C87C-52D7-4689-978F-1BF1F4775D3C.jpeg
    787.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 0CC712BC-194F-44CA-B82F-1446984E3D62.png
    0CC712BC-194F-44CA-B82F-1446984E3D62.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 13
Thats is one way to get rid of some subs that are sitting and that you state you will not use any longer to me. If i knew the person and trusted the trade id go for it if the amp is in good shape and working properly. Id get a demo of it working, or see if you can wire it up and test it for a day? There are universal bass knobs out there to be purchased. You may need a couple short RCAs and a little wiring to get it installed. But not rocket science. Pretty easy

I found I don’t use that bass knob anymore. I did custom cut it in an out of the way place or I’d just remove it. The 40hz boost seems pointless.

Well I’m running 4 gauge right now but I only will be for about a week then I’m switching to 1/0
Still a couple left for 0 and 4 ga. CT Sounds has a nice 0 ga amp kit for the $. Ill usually grab Sky High or GP Audio wiring. GP Audio has a nice Big 3 kit

Still a couple left for 0 and 4 ga. CT Sounds has a nice 0 ga amp kit for the $. Ill usually grab Sky High or GP Audio wiring. GP Audio has a nice Big 3 kit

Well I’m on the gp website and I’m looking and I found the one I’m going to get but I’m unsure if the length I should get. Standard is 4ft should I go standard or go 5 ft just to be Save and if I need to I’ll just cut a foot off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...