need help with phase 2

Participant count
  • Participant list
1998 4 door accord

had 2 JL 12s in a custom ported box running on a JL 750W amp for about a year now, time for phase 2.

I have a DD M3c and a singer alt in hand. want to get this stuff up and running.

couple questions....

1. do i point the drivers and port into the cabin or to the back of the trunk?

2. are all of you guys taking out the spare tire?

3. how do you guys make / mount an amp rack so it does not become a rattle machine?

4. will a single run of 1/0 welding cable be more than enough for the big 3 and long run to the trunk?

5. should i remove the rear shelf speakers? ( i already have them d/c)

Im planning on running the amp with the gain voltage tuned to be about 2.2kW. if everything runs well and I still need more, ill get some comp woofers. Additionally, when I get this in progress I will deaden the trunk area and the rear shelf.

thanks in advance for the info jump start.... pic are welcomed

i have a 99 Accord sedan, have my sub facing the front bumper, firing thru the armrest/port thing. sounds really good. had it facing the rear bumper, but i didnt like it sitting like that, didnt want to put stuff in the trunk because i was afraid it might mess up my sub

spare tire is under sub/carpet thing. works fine

my amp is mounted on the side of my box. i put some rubber washers under the amp to help with vibration. 3 months and still working so far

i took out the rear deck speakers. i dont like rears anyway so win win

which exact JL subs do you have?

as far as wiring, what other speakers/amps do you have or plan to run?

Db_U1ywl_VMAEho_Is.jpg

i have the same body style accord sedan. 2 RF P3 12"s in a sealed prefab (dont hate too hard) firing at the trunklid. Spare tire still in there too. Im going to take the rears out once i get my front stage situated. Most of the people ive asked about my amp placement have said the back of the seat, beyond that, youd have to make a bespoke amp rack separate from the box to avoid rattling as much as possible. The M3c draws up to 400 amps, youll need waaaay more than a single run of 0 gauge for that kind of pull. I know you said that youre going to be keeping it as close to 2.2kw as possible, but even 2.2kw is pushing it

Okay cool. My subs are w6v3s. I dont plan to run much else other than a small 4 channel amp in the future.

I have been told repeatedly not to mount my amp the the box, so I'm kind of hesitant to do so...

I currently have my amp mounted to a board that is mounted to my back seat. This does work well except for I really want to fire the woofers directly into the cab the more and more I think about it...

Would a single run of 2/0 work for about 2kW? I have only found a single round pass thru in the firewall, dont think Im gonna have too much luck squeezing more than one large cable thru there...

Are you running a direct ground cable from your amp to your battery?

Do you have any good links to amp racks for sedans like ours in the works? All I ever find are suv's

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.