Need help with my system

illwill651

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oct 22, 2020
St paul,MN
I have a single 12" Skar Audio SDR-12 D4 , hooked up to a alpine mrp-1000 v-power mono block amp. So just recently it's all of a sudden when I raise the volume to around 20 the bass cuts off. What would he the issue? I've checked fuses, wires, connections and can't seem to figure out the issue. My deck settings are all at zero. On my amp, the bass boost is at zero. Can someone help me?

jt4x4

CarAudio.com Well Known
Jul 22, 2019
ND
Does the power light on the amp go out? Does your amp have a protection indicator light? What is it doing?

OP
I

illwill651

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oct 22, 2020
St paul,MN
No it doesn't. I'm not sure if it has a protection light. I have my amp hooked up to a toggle switch. I can turn the toggle off and on and it will work until it hits volume 20 and the bass cuts out.

jt4x4

CarAudio.com Well Known
Jul 22, 2019
ND
Sounds to me like the amp is cutting out or going into protection. What size wiring are you using? You should be using at least 4 gauge power and ground for 1000wrms, preferably larger. If it's undersized you might be dropping voltage to where your amp shuts down. How solid is your ground?

OP
I

illwill651

CarAudio.com Newbie
Oct 22, 2020
St paul,MN
I am using 8 guage I do believe. My ground is solid. I have a 25ft roll of 4gauage power wire. But haven't installed it. Using the wiring that came with the vehicle when I bought it. It was already wired up for a system.

jt4x4

CarAudio.com Well Known
Jul 22, 2019
ND
8 gauge wire might be your problem. Run your 4 gauge and report back. I personally would run 2 or 0 gauge.

Slo_Ride

Regulator
10+ year member
Oct 15, 2005
ATLANTA
Running out of juice bro. Your current vehicle has a higher electrical demand. Definitely upgrade the wire. I personally NEVER use less than zero guage. Remove the toggle switch from the equation, see if that's it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Latest classifieds