Need help with my system

Participant count
  • Participants list

illwill651

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a single 12" Skar Audio SDR-12 D4 , hooked up to a alpine mrp-1000 v-power mono block amp. So just recently it's all of a sudden when I raise the volume to around 20 the bass cuts off. What would he the issue? I've checked fuses, wires, connections and can't seem to figure out the issue. My deck settings are all at zero. On my amp, the bass boost is at zero. Can someone help me?

No it doesn't. I'm not sure if it has a protection light. I have my amp hooked up to a toggle switch. I can turn the toggle off and on and it will work until it hits volume 20 and the bass cuts out.

Sounds to me like the amp is cutting out or going into protection. What size wiring are you using? You should be using at least 4 gauge power and ground for 1000wrms, preferably larger. If it's undersized you might be dropping voltage to where your amp shuts down. How solid is your ground?

I am using 8 guage I do believe. My ground is solid. I have a 25ft roll of 4gauage power wire. But haven't installed it. Using the wiring that came with the vehicle when I bought it. It was already wired up for a system.

Running out of juice bro. Your current vehicle has a higher electrical demand. Definitely upgrade the wire. I personally NEVER use less than zero guage. Remove the toggle switch from the equation, see if that's it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.