I'm dumb arent I?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Cavdrkz24

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ok so now that i have your attention. So here is my dilemma. I've done 3 sound systems in my previous vehicles ( a 2004 GMC Jimmy, 2014 Focus ST, and 2019 F-150). Now the new vehicle i just bought is a 2020 Chevy 2500WT with the base audio system. So below is a list of what i have bought so far

-Rockford Fosgate P500-12 AIO ported enclosure with self contained amp.
-Kicker KISLOC-2 2 channel LOC
-Basic BOSS 8ga amp install.

So i installed the amp wiring kit as normal. Enclosure powers on and off, remote signal wire the works. So the Sub works, is on, but is not receiving any audio signals. So I ran the LOC to the rear speakers in the doors (Wiring for the right was: Green(+)/Grn/Blk (-) and left was White(+)/Blu/Black(-). Ran those to a set of RCA's from the LOC to the sub (Rockford's enclosures use an RCA to adapter plug in directly on the sub). So my brain is making sense of this, audio signal comes in from the rear speakers, hits the LOC, then goes to the sub. I've read that the newer Chevy/GM's do NOT require an LOC, but i ran one just in case. Any chance the LOC is ******* this all up? Or is there something I missed?

The only thing i can think of, was that i spliced into the speaker wires using Quick splice terminals (ordered these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CP987BN/?tag=caraudiocom-20) i thought they were easier and more foolproof than actually splicing/soldering.

Thanks audio heads!

We all get a touch of the downs erry now and again. Order on eBay for like 2 dollars a rca to aux wire and plug into your phone and play some bass tones or some heavy bass audio and if sounds comes out you know its the loc or the fact that you may need a loc with load stabilization. Newer cars are trickier and trickier to add audio to imo

Last edited:
Ok. the more im reading about the splice kit the more im reading "Does not cut through the insulation and the wire can come unseated". I'll try to order that tonite on amazon. I do know the newer cars headunits put out way less load than the old school ones do, but the sub has a compromise for that and you can actually set weather its hi or low.

Ok. the more im reading about the splice kit the more im reading "Does not cut through the insulation and the wire can come unseated". I'll try to order that tonite on amazon. I do know the newer cars headunits put out way less load than the old school ones do, but the sub has a compromise for that and you can actually set weather its hi or low.
I also just realized my phone is the galaxy s20 and doesnt have an aux input lmfao

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Cavdrkz24

CarAudio.com Newbie
Cavdrkz24
Pennsylvania
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from