need help with my orion hcca 150r

OrionEric

i am new to car audio and love learning about it right now i have a hcca 150r with 2 12'' kennwoods single 4s nothing special and 1 q power 15'' its a dual 4 but one coil is bad i dont know much about this amp but that it is really confusing. whats the best way to wire these subs and amp to get the best pound out of them and if anyone could help with how to tune this amp theres nobbs and dials like crazy on this thing please any help would be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 150r is a very versitile Amplifier it has a high side adn a low side and is hooked up oposite to what you would think. I have two of them and the manuals that came with them. If you have spocific questions about them let me know and I will look it up.

i am new to car audio and love learning about it right now i have a hcca 150r with 2 12'' kennwoods single 4s nothing special and 1 q power 15'' its a dual 4 but one coil is bad i dont know much about this amp but that it is really confusing. whats the best way to wire these subs and amp to get the best pound out of them and if anyone could help with how to tune this amp theres nobbs and dials like crazy on this thing please any help would be great.

Not many of these around anymore, its essentially an HCCA 225 for subs and an XTR 250 for mids and highs built into one heatsink.
Channel 1/2
2 x 50W @4 ohm
2 x 100W @ 2 ohm
Bridged
1 x 200W @ 4 ohm

Channel 3/4
2 x 25W @ 4 ohms
2 x 50W @ 2 ohms
2 x 100W @ 1 ohm
2 x 200W @ .5 ohm Is stable
Bridged
1 x 100W @ 4 ohms
1 x 200W @ 2 ohms
1 x 400W @ 1 ohm

The manual is available for free online just type "Orion HCCA 150r manual" in google and it should come up.
if you cant find it all you realy need to know is the wattage is at each impedance level, and that orion uses Left - and right + to bridge any/all it's amps.

Bridge the 225 side to your Orion 3 subs it will see 1.3 ohm load ...just wire all speaker negatives to negative side of amp and all positive to the positive side of the bridged amp . The wires can be jumped across each speaker and come out as one from your box .. of course don’t use the bad side of your Q power . I’ve had dvc subs with one side vc bad play fine for years ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.