Need Help with Getting Things for Subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

SVSound

Hey,

The speakers in my car sound fine, but the subwoofer isn't even audible. I thought it was blown since I used to be able to feel it, so I took the car in and they said it works fine. I seriously don't hear/feel it at all anymore and it isn't even up that loud. So I figured I would put a subwoofer in so I can actually get bass out of my music apart from the woofers on the doors. I remembered that a friend had two subwoofers that were never even opened so they gave them to me. I have a smaller car, so I just want to put one of these in my car. It's the Alpine 12" SWS-1243D. What are your opinions on this subwoofer anyways? I have never really dealt with car audio, I've always just focused on home theater so please excuse any stupid questions.

Since I have the subwoofer, is all I need is a box, amp, and to pay for installation, correct? I don't want to go somewhere and get ripped off. What enclosure should I get? I don't know much about car subwoofers, I'm not sure what amps would work with this subwoofer. Can I please have some suggestions?

I don't want to spend too much money here, so please recommend things that are good in quality but not too expensive.

It's free.... If you have modest expectations just look online for a cheap sealed box.

If you have a factory head unit you will need either a line level converter or look into an amp that has line level inputs.

Also find an inexpensive wiring kit (possibly from wherever you buy the box and save on shipping)

Well I'm not sure how much power the amp I get should have. I don't want to overpower or under power it, so I figured I'd post on here and ask those who know much more than I do. I'm afraid to go into a place and ask since I have a strong feeling they'll try to rip me off.

Also, I have two of these subwoofers sitting in my guest room right now. Will just one of these work fine? I don't need something that will shake the entire car or make car alarms around me going off haha. I just want some nice bass that I can feel while driving.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.