Brand New SSD Making Funny Noise

Disarmer
10+ year member

Mexia
Finally got my 2011 SSD and installed it today. It's making a loud "popping" noise when it plays. I thought it might be because it wasn't sealing against the box right, but after several hours and a bead of silicon around the mounting ring, the pop is still there in full force.

In person it sounds more like a metallic slapping than what the video shows (The last two hits in the video sound more realistic at the very end)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Egh_QLqf4ug

Ideas?

I'm definitely not giving it enough power right now to bottom it out.

Is this something that's going to require me to RMA it more than likely?

free air it and check for noise
Already tried and the noise is still there. Not as dominant/loud, but it's still there.

EDIT: Couldn't visibly see anything rubbing/slapping nor could I determine where the sound was coming from. However, I'm not very experienced with subwoofer parts so that's probably not saying much.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah you shouldnt have to silicone with a rubber gasket and a carpeted box. Just give em a call and im sure they would be more than happy to help you out. tell them you just got it and show them the vid of the slap.

Already done that. Waiting on a response. Hopefully they'll get to me soon... been waiting a month and a half for this thing arrive. Don't know if I can stand to see it sent out already!

Same problem I'm having with my fi q.
Yep, that's the sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.