Need help with electrical

Participant count
  • Participant list

graydodge14
10+ year member

Im starting on the biggest build i have ever done and need some help. This will be the first time i will be running multiple batteries (d3100 in the back). But my question is how do i wire it?

Ive searched and searched and eahc thread has a different answer. My plan was just run 2 runs of 0 gauge from the positive terminal on front battery to the d3100 in the back and do the same on the negative terminals then ground the d3100 to the frame. I keep reading about isolators and all this different stuff.

I likely wont be playing the system much with the truck off and i have a good battery charger so i could top off the extra batteries once a month or so. But can someone please clarify this for me as its driving me crazy that something that should be so simple is confusing me.

Well i was under the impression i needed multiple runs of 0 gauage? I only have 1 run of 0 gauge running to my amp, but the system will be 4 dc lvl 4 15" off of one saz-2500 for now and upgrading to around 5-7k amp later on.

i'd run dual 1/0 power and ground from front to back as well, your plan is solid. dual runs offer less resistance and thus less voltage drop.

you don't need an isolator unless you are going to park-n-play for extended periods of time. you're multi-battery choices will be able to offer some car-off play time anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.