new amp opinions for 4 kicker L5 12

Participant count
  • Participant list

juststartin
10+ year member

Alright guys, I have 4 kicker L5 12's, all dual 4 ohm v.c. I was wanting to get some new amps to power them, or if the price and power is right maybe just one amp, I don't want to spend a fortune, maybe 800 or so total for 2 or 1 amp. Being that my subs are 4 ohms I planned on wiring parallel down to 1 ohm, but if need be I will wire in series if I happen to get one amp that's 2 ohm stable, just please give me some opinions

Option 2 (series/parallel) = 2 ohm load

Voice coils wired in series, speakers wired in parallel

kicker zx2500.1

Power (watts) Mono 2500 @ 2 Ohms

good amp i like kicker produts

4_4ohm_dvc_05ohm.gif

Wire them like this and I have an amp for ya!

i was thinking of maybe wiring in series instead of parallel and if so, i would deff. get one of those 2500.1 because i too love kicker. if i wire the subs individually, i could get 2 (2) channel amps, say like 2 1500.1 and just wire each subs to a channel and go that route, i guess it just comes down to money. As far as wiring parallel down to .5 ohms, what is the amp you have for me? i am willing to wire that route if the amp is a good solid monster lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.