Need help with box design

Participant count
  • Participant list

MastaFlyMason
10+ year member

I'm putting a system in my Lexus RX300. I have all the components except the box, I'm hoping someone could do me a huge favor and recommend me a design for my sub. I've purchased a T3 Audio T1000 12" 4ohm DVC subwoofer, and a Hifonics HIFI 1000w amplifier. I'm looking for an easy to make ported box design that gets loud. Size shouldn't really be an issue it's going in an SUV. I just want it to be loud as hell. Can someone help me out? T3 Audio T.1000 Series Subwoofer - Sub, Speaker, Woofer, 10 inch, 12 inch, 2000 watt, competition Here are the specs to the sub

I'm putting a system in my Lexus RX300. I have all the components except the box, I'm hoping someone could do me a huge favor and recommend me a design for my sub. I've purchased a T3 Audio T1000 12" 4ohm DVC subwoofer, and a Hifonics HIFI 1000w amplifier. I'm looking for an easy to make ported box design that gets loud. Size shouldn't really be an issue it's going in an SUV. I just want it to be loud as hell. Can someone help me out? T3 Audio T.1000 Series Subwoofer - Sub, Speaker, Woofer, 10 inch, 12 inch, 2000 watt, competition Here are the specs to the sub
That's pretty vague... loud as hell huh?... I'd start out with another amp... that Hifonics amp will just tickle that sub looks like... what kind of loud you want?.. SPL or Loud lows (decaf).. maybe a 32-35 hz tune for daily...

The equipment was purchased locally and it was cheap, I'll look into upgrading the amplifier. Looking for SPL, not playing test tones or anything just something that gets loud with actual music.

The equipment was purchased locally and it was cheap, I'll look into upgrading the amplifier. Looking for SPL, not playing test tones or anything just something that gets loud with actual music.
it really depends on what your "actual" music is. you need to give some artists and songs so we can gauge what kind of frequencies you want to hit stronger than others.

The actual music you are going to play has a huge impact on box tuning... the porting will be for your actual power as well... so your actual amplifier you end up with is critical as well... any Ideas on how much power you are going to end up with?.. if you want SPL the fact that you might be "overpowering" the sub is normal... impedance rise will affect the actual output of the amplifier into different enclosures... if it was me I'd look for a good +1500 watt amp for one of those drivers... Ive looked at the sub you are using... it looks reasonably good and if it is as capable as it looks to me then I'd "overpower" it for sure... set the SSF around 25-30 and use aeros when I build it... that SUV is similar to what I had in size... so look for it to peak around 45-50 hz and tune accordingly... I'd tune about 37 hz so you don't lose ALL low end frequencies and it should peak around where you need it to get pretty loud in the car... also driver/port configuration in the car will be important...

Looks like in the classifieds you are looking for a second sub... are you looking for a single 12" enclosure recommendation/design or for 2 subs?.. if you are looking for a dual sub setup you'll definitely be looking at a bigger amplifier... to really drive those subs (if they are up to it) you'll need 2.5K-3K range... just going to warn you up front that you'll need some electrical upgrades for sure (I'm assuming you have stock electrical) if you want to go that route... but it'll get fairly loud that's for sure... lol

just do what the manual say 2.2cu ft after displacement with a port like they tell with 5" Diameter and 16" long for 34hz tune, for 32hz tune make it 18" long, for 30 hz 22" long

to me? i would make it 2.2 cu ft, tune to 32hz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.