Need help with batteries and alternator question

Participant count
  • Participant list

Xrojas13
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Okay after months of research I think I will need kinectik 1400(maybe use as starting battery)

And kinectik hc2000 (in trunk) so far for alternator thinking about this powerbasterds hoa. But too pricey at 349 (product Id 7294-9-220-HD2-38)

Big 3 already done and also will be connecting both amps to battery in trunk

Picked up some supplies bernzomatic and soldering will be ordering some knu koncepts

0 gauge and terminals. Also did some research on relays but thinking maybe won't need it if I

Wire batteries in parallel. Setup is in signature will appreciate any inputs to see if this will work

Well basically my first install, beside regular amp kits. Just wanting make sure setup is going to work. Kinetik website kinda confused me about recommended batteries. Says input max rms wasnt sure if it meant regular rms or max watts

Well basically my first install, beside regular amp kits. Just wanting make sure setup is going to work. Kinetik website kinda confused me about recommended batteries. Says input max rms wasnt sure if it meant regular rms or max watts
Its the exact same thing except you are adding the additional battery. Are you considering using isolators?

dont use kinetic batts under the hood with out the metal case sleeve, they tend to swell on the sides after a while,the xs power batts are better ,also look into a tenney alt

Do you guys reconmend 250 or 300 amp fuses for battery
You fuse for the Wire so if its 1/0 ofc fuse at 300 amps i would do 3 fuses 1 after 1st bat one before second batt and one after second batt before amp, thats just me tho. A FUSE IS NOT JUST A FUSE

Thanks I did not know that.will be order 1 sleeve. For the trunk I'm planning a little fiberglass enclosure for it.
cool it will be safer that way for you ,you should look into xs power batts as well ,better batts ,more power

Just emailed tenneyalts and also thanks again forgot I still have to fuse to both amps
no problem , tell brent that jim wright sent you .also if i can help you ,just me know ,i sell the xs batts ,wire and fuses.as well ,and i'm cheaper than even knu

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.