Inifinity Amp wont turn on without jumping the 12V to remote using a small wire

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dean
10+ year member

Bangin' S10
Hey guys. Just installed polk db components in my silverado doors, and polk 4x6s in rear. everything is all wired up. But the amp will not turn on. If i take a peice of wire, and connect the 12v and remote terminals, the amp turns on but goes on and off, from clip, to protect mode to on/off. and the speaker pops. not sure whats going on. It is a 4 channel infinity reference series amp

it could be a bad ground... check the ground wire first. and for the remote wire situation. i just ran two wires. one from the 12v n one from the remote to the front of my car and just put a switch on it, so the amp doesnt stay on all the time

it could be a bad ground... check the ground wire first. and for the remote wire situation. i just ran two wires. one from the 12v n one from the remote to the front of my car and just put a switch on it, so the amp doesnt stay on all the time
Thanks for that! The ground is really ****** . Bout to tackle it in the morning finally got some time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.