need help with amp outputs

Participant count
  • Participant list

udlmmaidc

hello all... i have an 800w xplod amp that i was preveiously using with a 10 inch sub and a headunit. i am hoping to install it in a different car with no head unit... i just want to use the rca inputs with an ipod. my question is can i wire the outputs to 2 speakers and the same 10 inch sub or do i need a seperate amp for the sub? there are only 2 positive and 2 negative outputs on the amp. thanks.

its a pain with no preamp outs. the right way is to run speaker wire from the channels it basically takes that signal and gets a signal. I did it on one install on a girls car just cause she wanted it done with no more money thrown in. Its a pain with all the wiring and they can get pretty big and make a tight fit where the headunit fits in, however you can mount them else where but I found it easier to just fit it towards the back and slip it down behind the head unit. Hope this helps. As far as running preamps from an ipod, don't do it. The voltage wouldnt be there ect.

just buy a cheap head unit
this. but if thats not an option converter boxes are like twenty bucks but it will save you some time to just get a headunit with bigger preamp outs. check pawn shops they can get good deals from time to time if you know how to haggle and craigslist isnt too bad. Just find a super cheap jvc and throw that in. I personally like kenwoods, clarion, and alpines, but for a real small budget jvc's do alright.

this. but if thats not an option converter boxes are like twenty bucks but it will save you some time to just get a headunit with bigger preamp outs. check pawn shops they can get good deals from time to time if you know how to haggle and craigslist isnt too bad. Just find a super cheap jvc and throw that in. I personally like kenwoods, clarion, and alpines, but for a real small budget jvc's do alright.
x4

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.