Need help with active setup

JJTitus
10+ year member

Okay, so i have my 4 channels and set my HU to 3way via the switch... I hook up the tweeter RCAs to the front preouts and the mids to the rear preouts. I am getting the highs outta the tweeters but getting nothing out of the mids. I hook the mid RCAs up to the front preouts and i get sound. does this mean that my rear preouts are probably screwed up? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Ive been using this amp for a few years... I just took my speakers off a passive setup. The amp is set for 5 channel. It has 2 other settings, but the other two settings are not the correct settings.

have your rear rca plugged into the radio, and just read the other end of the rca. take one, put the black - lead on the out side part of the rca, then put the red + lead on the middle part of the rca.

yes, cause if i hook the mid RCAs up to the front outputs on the HU the music plays outta the mids... when i hook the tweets up to the rear output no sound.... i think im coming to the conclusion that my rear outputs are screwed up... 8(

the only switch on my amp is on that chooses between 5 channel, 1+2 and 1+2/3+4... the latter two didn't change anything... its always been set on 5 channel since i got it since i use all 5 channels... i really wanted to try an active setup to see the difference from a passive setup, but if my rear output is screwed up then i guess it's outta the question.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.