need help with a th th th th th

ampsandmore

i have a stock radio (i need a cdplayer really bad) and i hooked up an eq, 200 watts and a 250 amp ( not sure wether its max or rms) its all cheap, my whole system cost me less then $100 . i just get a th th th th sound when i put a signle to the amp makes it sound really bad i am runing cheap 300 watt 4 ohm DVC 12's there ran in 2 ohms,in big boxes about 1.5 cf sealed i hooked it up though the speaker wires how can i stop this i have been haveing this problem for about 4 years with about 4 cars that i have had most of the time i have been able to turn down the amp and it quits but not in this car can any one tell me how to stop this??

First check your power, remote, and ground wires.

Make sure that the ground cable is at least as big as your main power wire.

Make sure that the main power wire is the right gauge in your case I'd use 10ga

MIN. Also make sure that you ran your main power wire directly to the battery. I have seen people (you might not have done this, but it's a warning) try to pull the main power off of things like the decks constant, or the cigarette lighter, the wires for these devices cannot carry the power needed to run an amp over about 50 watts.

You said that you had a factory deck, I presume it doesn't have pre-outs, so you are probably using the wires from the rear speakers to feed signal to yer amp. Make sure that your are usig the high-level inputs and not the low level. If your amp doesn't have High level inputs then you'll have to go to a shop and buy a LOC (Line-Out Converter). This will convert your speaker level inputs into low level inputs.

ok i have done just about all that you said not to my amp has broken low level inputs so i am just going to wait till i get a new deck to fix it thanks for your help

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i have a 4ga wire from my battery straight to my amp. and an 8ga ground wire (it all came in the same kit and it said to use it that way) for sum reason i have ZERO power to my amp, when i first turn on the deck the power light blinks then fades away, neither the protection or power light come on after that. i checked everything (or so i think) and my friend just had the amp in his car so i know its not blown.

any idea whats wrong?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.