need help with a 4-way active frontstage! thanks!

strkrfan13
10+ year member

hey guys i have a bit of a dilemma. I want to do a 4-way frontstage but dont know how to go about it. I have the clarion DRZ9255 flagship H/U. Speakers-Hertz Mille 3-way (tweets,ribbon midrange, 6.5) and i have 9" morel midbasses in the doors for a total of 4-way. My amps-Butler Tube Blue 2-channel(currently running ribbons) 4channel Butler running the tweets and 6.5's. and usamps 2channel running 2 10"s. My h/u has outputs for tw,mid,low, sub for a total of 4sets of rca outs. what is the best way to intergrate these 9" morel midbasses? should i use a crossover and if so which one? i want to keep all eq functions of the h/u if possible. should i split the signal coming from the sub outputs? ANY help is greatly appreciated guys! thank you

Tw output to Tweeter amp

Mid output to Midrange amp

Low output could be split to feed the Mille woofer and Morel through an active crossover or by daisy chaining the amps and using amp crossovers.

Sub output to the sub.

The Low output would be band-passed for the desired range of the Mille and Morel. Then the Mille amp would use a HPF and the Morel amp would use a LPF.

that's how i would do it.

Personally I would simply put a passive between your mid and high then you can electronically the highs to the mid/tweet, then the mid to the midbass, and the low to the sub.

keep hope i think i agree with what you are saying i may just do that-use low out to split for morels 9"/hertz 6.5's. is that correct? also my amps running these do not have built in crossovers=Butlers. So what electronic x-overs do you recommend? tahnks guys for replying!

I have a similar setup where I'm running 8" sub-mids in the doors LPF'd at 80hz. My 6.5s, tweets, etc are on passive using a HPF set to 100hz at the amp.

Once you get that dialed in, it will sound awesome. I would love to have a front stage like that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.