need help with a 4-way active frontstage! thanks!

You have speakers running 20-80hz in your doors?
Yes. Aura 8" LPF'd at 80hz, 12db/octave. SoundStream 6.5" 3-ways, 100hz and up. Odd combo, but sounds nice.

I might end up replacing the 6.5's with some 2-way components, but I don't see the point since it sounds good already.

Yes. Aura 8" LPF'd at 80hz, 12db/octave. SoundStream 6.5" 3-ways, 100hz and up. Odd combo, but sounds nice.I might end up replacing the 6.5's with some 2-way components, but I don't see the point since it sounds good already.
You dont get excessive rattling when those Aura's are playing 35hz?

---------- Post added at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

yes more like 35hz to 80hz
Why are you replying for VW?

a 250Hz LPF crossover is high enough for the Morel midbass. He's got a ML165 for his lower midrange - i've heard those speakers in a MLK-165 play down to 50Hz with authority, no problem whatsoever.

I think all three options can be valid, which one depends on the install, crossover settings, speaker placement and aiming, etc.

Yes, you'll used the T/A in the head unit, i don't see T/A anywhere else. Really, which speakers you combine on the crossover you got depends on the T/A requirements. let that dictate what you do.

so let me get this straight..im going to use the subwoofer output on the h/u instead of the low output? since the highest it goes it 250Hz on the LPF, should i run the Morel's midbasses between 80 and 250hz and let the sub run 80hz and below? or whats recommended. sorry if this sounds dumb im not so good with tuning systems as you could tell haha.

You dont get excessive rattling when those Aura's are playing 35hz?
Nope. Ocassionally I'll get a weird harmonic or 2 that will make a sharp buzz. I have the doors lined with eDead 45 and since its a '65 Bus, the windows slide sideways in channels. No window regulator or anything else to rattle around in the doors. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

OP, Yes, LPF your sub at 60-80hz and bandpass your Morels with 80 - 250hz band. This will keep your mids in a band where you can throw a lot of power at them and not get too sloppy (playing wide range). Your subs will handle anything below that and your other speakers/tweets will catch the 250hz and higher bands.

Time alignment is overrated to me. Subtle balance and fade tuning is all I really need. I'm using a 12 speaker Harmon/Kardon OEM system in my 330xi and it sounds pretty good, but nothing compared to the systems I've designed/built that are more simple.

How do you like the ribbons? I was curious about trying some...
I can get you some real nice ribbons brand new for a good price... Let me know if your interested and Ill see how much they will be (I can get them through the guy I was getting the neo 8"s)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.