Need help with 2000 Chevy ext. cab

Participant count
  • Participant list

HarleyF150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Louisiana
Hey everyone i need help with figuring out how big of a sub(dimensions) i can put underneath the back seat of a extended cab silverado. I also just need help figuring out what all to putin it. Feel free to just build a system for it. My budget is:

subs 2 10's........not much more than 100 piece (keep in mind online shopping)

components 6.5's(front doors)..........around 175

im not sure if possible only 1 amp but if nescessary 2

sub amp preferably like a 500w.......lets say 275

components amp.......not mmuch over 200

also maybe a deck......???

kinda want to go all phoenix gold but dont have to. If i could keep price under 900 that would be cool. Sound quality is important.

help me out guys.....thanks

Go to here and that should help you with your box...actually i have a friend that is building that box for the 2 10's on that page him self....and he is about done with it.....but that box with the 2 10's downfiring is the most room you can get under that seat.

that same guy that is building that box for the 2 10's has Alpine Type R's and they sound real nice....he got them from here

or

You could go here and get the Elemental Designs 10K.44 for a little bit more cash....it comes with a 3 year warranty.....and it is also one of these internet based companies that not many people have heard of...and you got to love that cone.

As far as amps goes......

For the subs i would go ahead and get a bigger amp that $500 since you can get good power right now for cheap.....look on over at ebay and look at the HIFONICS BX1000D ....for only about $230 and 1000 watts at 2 ohms...you can't go wrong.....just set your gains properly and you will be set on that

Now the front stage.....Look no further than the JL XR's......I don't know exactly what your sizes in the F-150 are.....5x7's i believe......depending if you want to make a templete to make the 6.5's fit....that is what i would do.....so on ebay you can either get the 5.25's or the 6.5's.....i got mine of ebay for $210 shipped new so you might want to look around on ebay a little more than i did

As for an amp for the XR's....i would get the HIFONICS ZEUS ZX4000 sp it would match your sub amp.

As far a a HU....anything Alpine or Pioneer would be good....don't know what really you want there or how much you wanted to spend....just look at ebay.....or ikesound.com....or onlinecarstereo.com......all of those are good places to find audio

Hope i could help

Scott, SC

I just realized you said Chevy ext cab in your title....i was looking at you sig and thought you had a Harley F-150....when you go to the first link.....subthump.com....got to Vehicle Specific and find Chevy Ext cab.....sorry

Scott, SC

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.