Need Help Wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

bradch

Michigan
I have an XFL1244 and a VFL Hyrbrid 4480.1D mini and I want to wire to a 2 ohm load. ]

There are 2 negatives and 2 positive on the back of the amp and I have the sub wired up in my box. I went first negative to first positive and it sounds the best there but not at all like it should. What am I doing wrong? I adjusted my gain to about 5/8.

You have a dual voice coil (DVC) 4 ohm sub. You need to wire the voice coils in parallel to make 2 ohms. Don't worry about the extra terminals on the amp, they are connected together internally.

Connect one (-) on the amp to *both* (-) terminals on the sub. Connect one (+) terminal on the amp to *both* (+) terminals on the sub.

Like this:

1_4ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

You have a dual voice coil (DVC) 4 ohm sub. You need to wire the voice coils in parallel to make 2 ohms. Don't worry about the extra terminals on the amp, they are connected together internally.
Connect one (-) on the amp to *both* (-) terminals on the sub. Connect one (+) terminal on the amp to *both* (+) terminals on the sub.

Like this:

1_4ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif
I did it exactly like that which is what confuses me.

I think he means on the amp. The first negative on the amp and the first positive. That's my guess.
Ah OK, I get it.

OP - looks like you have it wired correctly - what exactly doesn't sound right?

Things we can check next (in rough order of importance) are:

1) Set gains properly

2) Set crossovers on amp correctly (picture of switches and knobs would be great)

3) Set crossovers on head-unit correctly (tell us how you have it set up)

Final question: how is head unit connected to the amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.