Participant count
  • Participant list

youngsdot

Hi guys,

I need some help with my new set up. I recently installed the following:

Precision P900.4

Precision DSP-88R

ID CXS64

I cut the wires going from the stock amp to the speakers and wired the DSP in between. The then wired the amp outputs to the stock leads going to the speakers. The stocker speaker wiring is 14ga. so I figured that would be fine.

First issue I had is that when I connected the tweeter to the component crossovers, no sound came out. I never figured out what I was doing wrong here, played with the amp settings a bit but never got them to work.

Second issue is I feel like my mid range is lacking. I thought this setup would make my system able to be louder but I think I actually lost sound. The gain on the DSP is turned all the way up, I have my 4 channel amp gain turned down currently because I dont want to overload my speakers. I tested turning that gain up briefly but did not notice any volume increase. I do not know much about tuning so it is possible I have the settings on my amp completely wrong, I am just lost here so hopefully you guys under stand and can help. My subwoofers are wired to the DSP and they are perfectly fine.

I have a similar setup to you, with the dsp88r and 900.4 are you using a stock headunit? Did you connect the radio to the dsp via aux or through the harness rca's (cd input)? Did you connect your sub into h and g?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

As far as gains go, you should say them with an oscilloscope or dd1 that way they'll be perfect vs "turning them down." if you don't have one, at the very least you should set the gains with a dmm. This method isn't 100% accurate, but it'll get you in the ball park. Where you able to get the tweeters to work when you connected them with the passive crossover?

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.