Need help wiring amp

SdotX

Hey guys, just need a little help here, I've got this amp I need hooked up I'm just trying to install 2 door speakers. All the factory stuff is gone, it used to have an aftermarket stereo way back when. But I only know some.of the basic stuff. I dont know how to wire the speakers or where they go. But for now it's only 2 I need hooked up.

The headunit only has 1 set of rca's coming out but I'm not getting and sound to the one speaker I hooked up. Either I'm hooking something up wrong or the harness may be connected wrong. One question I have is do I have to wire up the speaker wires on the harness if I'm using aftermarket speakers?

Thanks in advance for any help guys.

Attachments

• 20191120_143132.jpg
    20191120_143132.jpg
    988.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Put the RCA's into the A input on the amp rather than B where it currently is just to simplify things. Side A of the adjustments set input sensitivity all the way down counterclockwise for now. Filter to HPF, Frequency to about 80hz. Control to stereo. Attach the speakers to the top row to the left block marked A. +L- -R+, not to the right block labeled speaker level inputs. Turn deck volume to its max level before distortion it could be anywhere from 3/4 to max depending on the deck. At this volume turn the amp input sensitivity clockwise until distortion and back it off until the signal is clean again. On the deck make sure the fader is set to the front and not rear only.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.