Need Help. Wanted 5 Channel Compact AMP

Hell, the vast majority of 5 channel amps have fairly anemic subwoofer channels. But 400 watts at 2 ohms on the sx1200.5 is on par with most 5 channels. I have two of the pg ti21600.5 which has twice the power on the sub channel. Good little amps.
I’m about to get a 5 channel that cuts my sub power down to 1/3rd. I think I’ll be ok.

I expect the real trick is choosing a sub that works well on 300W... I mean back in the old days 300W was a strong sub stage. I bet a JL W0 would probably outperform the sub I have on there now but I just sort of threw in a box I had with a sub I built quick with a used coil and some very cheap parts.

I expect the real trick is choosing a sub that works well on 300W... I mean back in the old days 300W was a strong sub stage. I bet a JL W0 would probably outperform the sub I have on there now but I just sort of threw in a box I had with a sub I built quick with a used coil and some very cheap parts.
The Q will do fine. I’d doubt it’s seeing that much now.

I just hope the one I want don’t sell out. It’s NOS and they never pop up. It was my dream amp 10 years ago.
Rockford Power 1000 25 to life?

Only really special limited edition multichannel I can think of hitting the scene since Memphis Belle.

I’ve got a ton of drivers that work well on 300 watts if you need one. Infinity kappa perfect 10.1 bnib, hybrid audio clarus 10 bnib, Audiofrog GS10d4, stereo integrity bm mkiii.

Get a real 5 ch amp lol

sfzZfvO.jpg

#1 post
History I use to be on top of this stuff, but I've been out of the stereo mods for quite a few years. I know the amps have gotten much smaller and efficient since my glory days. Now I have no idea whats out there. I use to have only Alpine products.

Going into a 2008 6.4 Ford F250 Superduty, Crew Cab. I'd like to squeeze it into my dash behind my Sony HeadUnit. Needs to be under $350.00. I plan on new speakers in the doors and a single or dual sub behind the rear seats.

Thanks for your input

TheOCSurfer
I was just about to list a mint like new Clarion xc2510 5ch for $155 shipped ..I’m not sure if that’s model will work for you but it’s fairly compact and sounds awesome..it should fit behind your glove box ..

I’ve got a ton of drivers that work well on 300 watts if you need one. Infinity kappa perfect 10.1 bnib, hybrid audio clarus 10 bnib, Audiofrog GS10d4, stereo integrity bm mkiii.
I'm not going to bother sinking any money into this car. I've got the Jeep for getting loud, the object of the Corolla is just to have something better than factory with as little time and money tied up as possible.

Get a real 5 ch amp lol
sfzZfvO.jpg
I think OP had size constraints. Good specs on that ED though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.