need help, very confused

journeydog131

im a little confused. i have a power acoustic cpt1-5500D. its a mono amp. when i look up the specs it say "4ohms: 1700 watts x 1 channel. 2ohms: 2500 watts x 1 chan. 1ohm: 3200 watts x 1 chan" i have two 2 ohm dual voice coil soundstream t5-12 subs rated at 900 rms each. i hooked them up like in series parallel (

) do i have to do anything special to my amp to switch it between 4 ohm 2 ohm or 1 ohm? and having them hooked up like this assuming I'm at 2 ohm this means each sub is getting 1450 watts each? please reply if you know anything I'm asking cause i confused myself just writing this haha i just want to make sure I'm not going to ruin my stuff. thanks in advance!

U cant just switch from 4-2-1 ohm u have to wire it in diff series or paralel..if you are wired at 2ohm(check with a dmm) that amp wont do anywhere near rated..it might do 1400 clean at 1 ohm ..so that means it will give out a total of abt 700-750 total at 2ohm..not to each sub .total

And u cant wire any lower ..bc with the vc config u cant wire to 1 and if u wired to. 5 that amp would blow up
I'm looking to sell that amp and try n get 2 separate amps, 1 for each sub, any recommendations on what amps i should get? and would i have to wire an extra bat in the trunk? I'm never tried to get a system this good, i usually stick with some cheap 300 watt subs. but i got the ss t5 for 150 total so i couldn't pass up that deal.

I'm looking to sell that amp and try n get 2 separate amps, 1 for each sub, any recommendations on what amps i should get? and would i have to wire an extra bat in the trunk? I'm never tried to get a system this good, i usually stick with some cheap 300 watt subs. but i got the ss t5 for 150 total so i couldn't pass up that deal.
Why 2 amps? Just get a good 1000 watts at 2 ohm. Alpine mrp

im a little confused. i have a power acoustic cpt1-5500D. its a mono amp. when i look up the specs it say "4ohms: 1700 watts x 1 channel. 2ohms: 2500 watts x 1 chan. 1ohm: 3200 watts x 1 chan" i have two 2 ohm dual voice coil soundstream t5-12 subs rated at 900 rms each. i hooked them up like in series parallel (

that amp won't give you more than 1k rms. but you need to check how they're wired with a multimeter. you can wire them together to 2 ohms or .5 ohms (do not wire them to .5) you're better off selling that and getting a better amp that does closer to what its rated. try hifnoics Brutus series 1.4, that'll do rated with the right electrical. powerbase sells good amps for their price. if you have money for a high quality go for alpine, Rockford, amps in that range will better impress you. just make sure it does around 1k rms at 2 ohms. you shouldn't wire an,amp to .5

Yea i wouldnt do 2 amps ..id find a old kicker or alpine that is 2ohm stable and around 1000-1500rms..and you shouldnt need a extra batt..unless u have a tiny tiny alt..id do the big 3 and get a solid agm for under the hood and roll

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.