Need help upgrading my 2013 ford f150 w sync

Sgterik

I have a 2013 ford f150 with the sony system and sync. I have already upgraded the front doors with JL Audio C5 570's and kicker ks68 in the rear doors. I have also taken out the factory sub and put in the replacement sub stage unit from kicker. I am happy with all the speakers. However I want more from everything in the doors. The substage is pretty awesome compared to the stock sony sub so no need to swap it. I already bought a Soundstream Picasso nano 520 something to run the doors. Here is my question. I have been told a million different things about what I have to do. I think that my stock sony amp has 9 channels that come out of the amp crossed over. 2 tweeter, two front door mid, 2 rear doors, 1 center dash, and two sub. What do I need to do to properly do this and keep all my bal and fad options in my stock deck

Just did one last week. 7 ch output. rear tweets and mids share the same outputs. If you dont care about the center speaker being a lot quieter than the rest then heres what I did. Use the mid outputs from the sony for the front and rear speakers. cut the wires so you can use the output from the sony to feed signal to the amp and use the other end to run the signal from your amp to the speakers. You may have to run it through a loc.

what if you have kids in the back and you dont want to damage their hearing.
if actually are a concerned parent worried about your child's hearing than you wouldn't have the volume that high to start off with. that's also a stupid response b/c even if you faded the volume away from them it wouldn't make any difference b/c sound travels and you act like you are fading volume between rooms of a castle, it's fk'n truck.

Sorry, i should of been more clear. It has a 6 channel amp built into it.
MS-8 has 8 amplifier channels built in. It's also the only processor that will correct for factory time alignment. You're going to want to have a shop do this installation if you go that route.

if actually are a concerned parent worried about your child's hearing than you wouldn't have the volume that high to start off with. that's also a stupid response b/c even if you faded the volume away from them it wouldn't make any difference b/c sound travels and you act like you are fading volume between rooms of a castle, it's fk'n truck.
In my daily driver with the kids its a van and the speakers blast inwards about 18" from my kids ears. It also applies for his vehicle too as the speakers are right beside the rear seat about 18" away from where a childs ears would be.

according to your statement you think inside a truck sitting by a speaker 18" away will have the same level of volume as a speaker 3.5' away?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.