LOC to stock headunit wiring question.

Participant count
  • Participant list

beauml

so, i am next one to questioning about this...

i found out that i need line output converter to convert high output into low output for aftermarket amp?

and LOC needs to be connected to either front or rear existing speakers. (front or rear? some says front has full range, but some insist to do on fronts)

i was wondering if it just needed to be soldered onto (or tapped into) the terminals of each speakers, why cant it be attached or inserted to connector on the back of head unit? looks like i can get the diagram for which goes for which. can i just share that little hole?

what loc brand are reliable? can i get boss? metra? scosche slc4?

i dont have money for some over 100 buck units.. i can get them for like 20 for the most.

or is it good idea to get something like this?

Audiobaxics AA HON1729 Honda Add An Amp Amplifier Adapter Interface | eBay

im planning on adding just one subwoofer and a amp from kicker.

i have cr-v 2012 lx basic model.

i want to do least damage to the car. i might have to sell it you know.

thank you!

LOC's can be had for literally $10, now the quality of that may be suspect however. Since you said you're budget is about $20, I don't have an exact one to recommend to you.

LOC's are very easy to connect, you can simply tap into the +/- of the audio output, or you can solder it (there are other options also).

Suppose you had a head unit made by company X (assuming this is aftermarket). You wanted to connect the LOC to your rear deck speaker for a subwoofer install. You'd find out what is the +/- of the stock speaker input and tap into those wires accordingly. Take the +/- you just tapped into, and match that to the +/- of the channel that you want on the LOC (assuming this is a 2 channel LOC).

Be warned though, you pay for what you get..

LOC's can be had for literally $10, now the quality of that may be suspect however. Since you said you're budget is about $20, I don't have an exact one to recommend to you.
LOC's are very easy to connect, you can simply tap into the +/- of the audio output, or you can solder it (there are other options also).

Suppose you had a head unit made by company X (assuming this is aftermarket). You wanted to connect the LOC to your rear deck speaker for a subwoofer install. You'd find out what is the +/- of the stock speaker input and tap into those wires accordingly. Take the +/- you just tapped into, and match that to the +/- of the channel that you want on the LOC (assuming this is a 2 channel LOC).

Be warned though, you pay for what you get..

so, sharing slots on connector idea is not a vaild thing to do?

and when i do tapping thing, i would have to total of 4 wires right? +/- from right rear and left rear? and ground too.

if budget was 50 would that make different?

I've only used the Audiocontrol LOC's, and they are around $75+, you probably won't need to ground a normal LOC.

When you wire tap, yes, you're connecting 4 wires.

audiocontrol lc6i?

is it worth investing? probably.. that was stupid..

hmmm i guess now i have to go buy more speaker wires for tapping purpose, cause they only give you like four 3 inches long wires on cheapos.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.