Need help tuning amplifier!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jrobison918

Oklahoma
I'm putting a BRX1516 on 2 SD-3 10's. I have a Pioneer App Radio as my head unit. My question is, should I use ONLY the head unit for the settings, or adjust the amplifier knobs first? I have stock door speakers. I'm new to this whole thing, any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

start with amp level all the way down, then adjust the head unit to the maximum settings you'd typically use it at (I.E. subwoofer level, bass boost at 0, loudness at 0, SLA prob at 0, and volume as high as you'll listen to it), then adjust the amp to achieve proper sub performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've got everything in and to be honest, it doesn't seem nearly as loud as I expected. The SQ is great and accurate, but I guess I just expected a little more sound from them. Is this just something that one runs into when running a sealed down-firing setup under a backseat of a truck? Any ideas? I know this is an extremely common issue and I've searched the thread, but didn't seem to find anything that applied directly to my situation. Any help would be much appreciated!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.