Quick Question Before install (please any input) .*Probably and Dumb Question*

xxrcm619xx

Good Evening Car Audiophile Enthusiasts.

Im about to start install the following equipment below listed. Now i have a somewhat an alright MB quart 4 channel amp that was given to me by a client for exchange purposes, and i have also acquired set of component of Morel Maximo 5 and Infinity Kappas 50.9C. The morel is set to be 4 Ohm and the Infinity is set to be 2 OHM and i made a mistake thinking that the Infinity's are 4 Ohm like usual speakers but i didn't notice it until this morning. Now will there be issues if i install these speakers with a different ohm load on 2 different channels? I know the MB quart amp is capable of running a 2 ohm load but will i get "clipping"/"distortion" issue when i get down to tuning this rig? I'm looking into buying a different set of components to replaces the infinity's for some morels too but I'm at a fork in the road and curious if i should buy speakers or an amp. Any Input helps. Thanks.

-Equipment.

Pioneer AVH-X3800BHS Head Unit

MB QUART 4.80x 4 Channel Amp ( Soon to be Alpine PDX-F4)

2x- JBL MS-A5001 Mono Block Amps

2x SunDown Audio SD3 10'S

Alpine SPR‑10TW (Front Pillar)

Morel Maxmio 5 5 1/4- 4 Ohm (Front Door)

infinity kappa 50.9cs- 2 Ohm (Rear Door)

Power: 0/1 Gauge Wire From Battery to Back Cab where it hooked to a Distribution box and 4 Gauge out to each amp.

Ground: 0/1 Ground on Frame.

If the amp is 2ohm stable.per channel then youll simply get nore power to the Infinitys. Youll be fine. Just adjust them without cranking the gain all the way up until it sounds good to the ear.

So i got the speakers in, No sub Box yet. I used the SMD-DD1 for distortion on the head unit (After Volume 32 it Creates Distortion) and the amplifier then used a DDM for the gains. At first I ran the amp with the DDM setting the gains at 14.5 for each channel and turning the volume up and it goes into protect mode around volume 16-17. So i figured the gains were too high im clipping the amp, But now i turned the gains to a point where they are all the way down the volume for each channel the speakers are very low and i turn it up to 25 and it goes straight into protect mode. i ran the amp with the gains all the way low, volume at 25 for about 20 mins, and soon i started smelling some burn. I got the ground to the frame and i wire wheel the rust off to where its shining like a diamond in a goats ***. Where did i go wrong? I know i can get these speakers to be a little louder, im not competeing or anything but i know the wind sounds on the freeway are louder then these speakers right now. Any input helps thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.