Need help so I can order equipment and schedule install....

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a few questions about new equipment...

1) What's the advantage over speakers with separate tweeters (component) vs speakers with built in tweeters? Example Alpine R-S68 vs Alpine R-S65C.2

2) Is one Alpine Type R 12" enough for a 2000 Mustang GT convertible? How big of an amp for one 12 vs 2 12's?
Separate speakers are better in that you can mount the tweeters at ear level. Most of them also come with a better crossover with higher power handling.
As for the sub, I say an 600 watts RMS, class D amp is perfect. Though being a convertible, you will want another sub before that one is even broken in.

I've never been disappointed by the Type R lineup. Coaxials are good if you have good (high) mounting locations and will be happy with more modest power, otherwise components give a lot more flexibility are typically somewhat better performers all around, and will definitely handle more power.

Also agreed that it is very difficult to get good bass in convertible or soft top vehicle. Have reasonable expectations there.

I have a few questions about new equipment...

1) What's the advantage over speakers with separate tweeters (component) vs speakers with built in tweeters? Example Alpine R-S68 vs Alpine R-S65C.2

2) Is one Alpine Type R 12" enough for a 2000 Mustang GT convertible? How big of an amp for one 12 vs 2 12's?
My ex-boss had a 2004 GT convertible and we couldn't fit his two 12s in a crappy prefab in the trunk. We had to make him a new box for only one sub.

If I had to do it again; I'd do one nasty 10".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.