3K, 5K, or 8K?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bobbytwonames
5,000+ posts

Trigger Man!
Vegas
If I switch from 4- 600 rms 8's to 4- 800 rms 10's, should I stick with the 3K that I have, or, switch to a 5K or 8K? I'm trying to get the max number that I can in my standard cab. In other words, all behind the seat and no cutting. I would be shooting for a 150 or 151. Just being honest. I know the 4- 10's will give me 56% more cone area and 120 ounces more motor. TIA!

Did you ever come up with some dB drag style numbers? Are you trying to gain 2-3dB or 6-7? Have you purchased an SPL meter yet?

Just use a term Lab meter. Just 2-3 db.
20210310_182437.jpg

Did you ever come up with some dB drag style numbers? Are you trying to gain 2-3dB or 6-7? Have you purchased an SPL meter yet?

I metered my truck exactly how they were metering all of the vehicles at a local car show and audio competition that took place about a week ago.

20210317_183536.jpg

I metered my truck exactly how they were metering all of the vehicles at a local car show and audio competition that took place about a week ago.
Local in Vegas?.. that's Usaci territory usually. Judge Becker etc. Outlaw in the kick... windows down or open dealers choice. I did my best sealed up in the kick. My vehicle seemed to like doors closed, windows up. But they always put the sensor in the kick.

Local in Vegas?.. that's Usaci territory usually. Judge Becker etc. Outlaw in the kick... windows down or open dealers choice. I did my best sealed up in the kick. My vehicle seemed to like doors closed, windows up. But they always put the sensor in the kick.

Sensor in the kick. Windows up and it was the competitor's choice on whether the door was open or not.

Just use a term Lab meter. Just 2-3 db. View attachment 27441
I meant where is the mic/sensor placed in the vehicle, not where is the termlab and laptop.

Still though if you're chasing numbers and have easy access to this meter you can probably find a full dB just by moving stuff around, playing with doors/windows/vents/visors, and some gorilla tape.

If you care you should read this entire thread over to SMD forum:

How close are you to x-mech on those subs as it sits at your peak? You might could gain yourself up to 150dB outlaw just by throwing SFB 8K on there if you want to just throw new gear at this as opposed to investing tedious hours of testing and note taking.

I meant where is the mic/sensor placed in the vehicle, not where is the termlab and laptop.

Still though if you're chasing numbers and have easy access to this meter you can probably find a full dB just by moving stuff around, playing with doors/windows/vents/visors, and some gorilla tape.

If you care you should read this entire thread over to SMD forum:
[/URL]

How close are you to x-mech on those subs as it sits at your peak? You might could gain yourself up to 150dB outlaw just by throwing SFB 8K on there if you want to just throw new gear at this as opposed to investing tedious hours of testing and note taking.

Well, I can't move my box around, I'm not going to build another box, and I don't have any room for more batteries. I would just switch over to lithium, get 4-10's, and get a 5K. I'm thinking of just leaving it as it is and get the system in my new Bug done. It should be a fun build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bobbytwonames

5,000+ posts
Trigger Man!
Bobbytwonames
Vegas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date