Need help setting up 2 batteries... im new to this... please help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

JUHL
10+ year member

+ I'm Bout Money +
?
For the 1st time i decided i wanna run 2 batteries to eliminate battery to much strain on my battery under the hood.

Question number 1: The battery i have that i plan on using in my trunk as my 2nd battery is a brand new "everstart" 875 Cranking Amps, 700 Cold Cranking amps.

Will this be okay for my 2nd batt?

im doing the install currently in my garage and may have more questions, please give some advice. i tried finding a link to a solid tutorial thread but didnt find much.

For the 1st time i decided i wanna run 2 batteries to eliminate battery to much strain on my battery under the hood.
Question number 1: The battery i have that i plan on using in my trunk as my 2nd battery is a brand new "everstart" 875 Cranking Amps, 700 Cold Cranking amps.

Will this be okay for my 2nd batt?

im doing the install currently in my garage and may have more questions, please give some advice. i tried finding a link to a solid tutorial thread but didnt find much.
Thanks for pming me the link very help full, lets see what I can help you with. First I need to know how much power RMS wattage you are going to be running?

I am going to ask you have you done the big 3? If not read this link below

http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/312025/page/1

I don't know if that is a wet cell battery, but some batteries are just ment to be under the hood. They give off toxic gasses which you don't want in your car. Look into a high power cell like Kinetik or, yellow top. Here is a link to a kinetik 800HC

http://cgi.ebay.com/KINETIK-HC800-CAPACITOR-CAR-POWER-CELL-KHC800-BATTERY_W0QQitemZ290317354770QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090515?IMSfp=TL090515134011r12570

its exactly 1036 @ 1ohm... straight off the birthsheet.
You Could Do the big 3 I listed Above and the Kinetik 800Hc would be Fine, with a stock battery under the hood.. Or a 1400Hc if you have the money for a bigger battery. What kind of car are you using? Do you know how many AMPS the altnator output is?

Ok its an 04 Hyundai Tiburon

im not sure what the output of the alternator is, but id like to know.

right now it has NewKonceptz 0 guage, but for the big 3 im going to use this 4 guage that i have laying around.

right now it has NewKonceptz 0 guage, but for the big 3 im going to use this 4 guage that i have laying around.
Do big 3 and Get that 800Hc I showed you. You can get a new one or used for about 60$ On CA.....You will be fine after that

BTW, with all the scamming you have done here, how do you even show your face?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.