Would the Big 3 make a difference?

7ender
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I'm currently running about 900 total watts out of my 02 Accord 4 cylinder, which I think has an 80 amp alternator.

I don't experience any dimming, etc, but was thinking about doing the big 3 just for the hell of it.

Would it be worth doing/will I notice any difference in output? I don't have a voltage meter so I'm not sure what kind of voltage drops i'm getting, but i'm assuming I should be getting some pulling 900 watts out of completely stock electrical.

Should I do it?

the first time i did it, with 4g, i noticed an improvement in the ability of the electrical system. when i would use higher powered items like the rear defrost or windows i did not have the drop in voltage or power loss i had before.

You might...can't hurt. It's cheap and pretty easy to do...DO IT! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

When everyone is talking about big 3, what are you guys referring to? I assume ground wire, alternator, but what else? This is every thing dealing with battery and alternator I guess?

Alternator to Battery Positive (1), Battery Ground to Chassis (2), Engine Block to Chassis (3) = "Big 3" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

if you buy extra wire, and you will, you can always upgrade all the grounding points under the hood. i replaced every factory grounding (Neg Batt - Block, Rear Block - Frame, Frame - Motor Mount, Neg Batt - Frame, and Block - Batt Tray but i have no idea why they would ground these two together). also did the Pos Batt - Alt.

yeah, i'd like to do it and even though I know it's very cheap compared to many other electrical upgrades, it's still money.

Being in college and being broke, I really don't want to do it if i'm not going to see any noticeable gain. Guess there's only one way to find out :p

on the F150 forums, they said not to worry about Alt to bat+ because the stock alt can only put out so many amps regardless. They said that if I were to upgrade my alt, then would be a good time to run new wire from alt to bat. So, should I run new wire from my alt to batt on a stoc alt?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.