Need help picking out an Amp

HeadyNuggz
10+ year member

NEPA
I'm lookin to buy an amp to power my Alpine Type R component speakers. I'm kinda new to this, so I'm not sure what kind of amp would best suit my needs, or if I even need one.

My car (2k1 VW Jetta GLX) has a factory amp, how much of a difference would an aftermarket amp make?

fyi I have a pioneer premier 860 hu

Are you partial to any particular brands?

Budget?

Right now, without narrowing it down, there are a ton of amps that would work for you.

- Steve

the great news would be that yorue gona save a lot of money because youre alpines take 50rms, you can go with some of the nice clean high end amp like arc audio, jl audio, us amps, zapco, diamond audio, , this would be the really clean stuff, you should be spending around 400$ new for a 4 channel thats around 50x4 or a lot less used and by the way youre amp in the car is crap and it would do those speakers right besides the fact they probably put out like 15 watts.

I'm looking for something reliable, but not lookin to spend a ton. The most I really want to spend on an amp is around $150. I'm only gonna be powering the 2 comp speakers with it for now.

I would spend like 150$ on like a Rockford Fozgate, on ebay. My friend has one, that does the job. I don't like RF, but I hear they are good enough. I would go wiht JL Audio though, very nice, but a little pricey.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.