Another bad Whining problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

danny_isr
10+ year member

nyc,ny
I already did a search on this forum , and I know about the common answer grounding grounding ...

So I went and did that, but no success

The full story :

I have a Premier 860 running two brand new kenwoods amps(8401 and 6401) in the trunk .

Honda Civic Sedan LX 92

3 pairs of RCA’s and speakers wire on the right side of the car, power on the left.

I disconnected the RCA’s from the Amps and the noise disappeared. so my conclusion – it’s not the amps .

The amps have each one monster 8 gauge cable to the car chassis (both in the same point).

So I went and connected the black minus wire of the 860 to a different point – one of the car bolts.

And wired another 8 gauge wire from the deck body to the chassis (different point of the black 860 wire) – very solid.

Same thing, still got that whining. I actually can hear it even before I start the engine. I can hear I guess the ECU or something like that

When I turn the key on.

What should be the next step ? how can I determine if the noise is from the RCA’s or from the Deck itself ?

Another issue that I had during this install and I don’t know if it’s related or effecting anything here:

While I was pushing the deck back to it place. Suddenly everything died. I checked the 12V wire that feeding the deck.

And it showed only 1v. When the engine run I got 3.6v. Didn’t find any burned fuse. The clock of the car seems to be effected as well. And the LCD is very weak .

So I took another 8 gauge wire directly form the battery to the deck AND connected it to the old 12v wire (the one that shows only 1v) and then the clock came alive.

I did try to run the deck disconnected from that old 12v wire but it didn’t effect the whining .

Will appreciate any suggestions

Thanks Danny

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

i hope its not the case.

but before i'm sending it back. i want to check that it's not the RCA cables

any easy way to do that ? i remembering reading somewhere about doing some kind of shorts on them ....?

any one recalls ?

Thanks Danny

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.