Need Help Picking Next Electrical Upgrade

Participant count
  • Participant list
No powermaster alt and ditch the motorcraft battery and move that 9a34 up front
I couldn's afford to keep the 9a34. I returned it. Got my $133 back and put $100 of it towards the Deka 9a31... My front battery is a duralast gold. I would of loved to have put the 9a34 up there. Just couldn't afford it. I was thinking when when I have another $100 to spend I might get another Deka 9a31 for my front battery?

Nik

I couldn's afford to keep the 9a34. I returned it. Got my $133 back and put $100 of it towards the Deka 9a31... My front battery is a duralast gold. I would of loved to have put the 9a34 up there. Just couldn't afford it. I was thinking when when I have another $100 to spend I might get another Deka 9a31 for my front battery?

Nik
The 9a31 wont fit up front ..u need a group 34 up there

I can get this alternator on ebay for $109 Ford Explorer Ranger F 150 Alternator 200 Amp 91 00 | eBay

Wouldn't that be better than my stock 130amp alternator??? I'm on a budget and don't want to spend $300-$400 on an alternator...

Nik
Save up ur pennies and get a good alt ...i wouldnt waste money on that..get a mechman tenney dc ohio singer somethin like that

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

After seeing how much that deka helped. I just wonder if putting another one up front would better than the alternator?

Nik
Yea if i were u i would skip that ebay alt and replace the front battery ..then get a good alt when u can afford one

Save up ur pennies and get a good alt ...i wouldnt waste money on that..get a mechman tenney dc ohio singer somethin like that 

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Yea if i were u i would skip that ebay alt and replace the front battery ..then get a good alt when u can afford one

I'll pick up another battery as soon as I can then. Maybe if Chris has another one I'll get another deka Firday when I get paid. I might see if I can fab somthing up in the meantime to accept a 9a31... My dad owns a body shop and I've done a lot of custom metal fabrication...

Nik

A challenge! Now I have to. I just went and took a look at it. I think I can do it? The only problem I see is the proportioning valve and brake lines for the master cylinder. They just need to be relocated about two inches towards the cab. That shouldn't be that big of a deal. I'll let you know how it goes. I'll mess with it this weekend.

Nik

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.