Cap not charging all the way up???

Participant count
  • Participant list

omgbilly

I just ordered a "Power Acoustik PC1.5F 1.5 Farad Digital Power Capacitor" to run a Clarion APX 401 bridged onto a single channel to run a Kicker Comp VR 12" 4ohm speaker. The cap is only charging up to about 7-9 on the lcd. I thought it would charge up higher than that.

Before I had the cap I was just running it off a single channel and it was beating fairly decent. When I bridged it it just cut out like a bish. Decent Pioneer head unit, no built in hpf/lpf but I'm not adjusting the output for the amp/sub from the head unit. This was the reason I got the cap.

Even with the cap it cuts out pretty bad. Should I just go back to once channel and look at getting a mono amp that has higher wattage? I KNOW it's wired up/ground right. It's not a connection problem. The battery is who knows how old but my voltage gauge reads a steady 14 (nominal) on the dash, even with the amp running/cutting out.

I guess my real questions is this: this cap is rated at 1000 watts, I thought it would charge up a bit more than what it is. Secondary question; is the amp not enough to run it for the speaker in bridged mode?

I know this is a huge forum and you guys are probably sick of answering the same questions all the time but I did search a bit for a related question and didn't find anything so I appreciate any help you guys can provide. FWIW I do IT stuff so if you have a computer related question feel free to ask. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.