Need help picking an amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

threesplease

I have a 15" eclipse titanium pro in a box tuned to 38hz, what would be a good amp to push it? I am new to the sound world so I am unsure if I even have a Pro. After researching them if it's a pro I got a helluva deal, either way the guy that sold it to me said it was a pro and was 1500 watts RMS and 3000 watts peak. Any insight on helping me with a set up all I have as of now is the sub.

pictures of sub and what the impedance of the sub. is it quad or dual //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. that box is tunes to high for that sub, its a low end monster. i would be around 4-4.5 with a tuning of 32-35

I will try and get pics later when I'm home from work. I was told it is 4 ohm dvc so it drops to 2. I am really a novice when it comes to this stuff lol. I do remember him saying he had it tuned a lil higher than normal because of the car he had it in he thought going down to 32 hz would make the bass "break" before it got to him. I will be putting it in my durango as a daily user.

Even if you didn't get the Ti Pro the old TC build Eclipse subs are beast. Keep that surround out of the sun if at all possible. The foam deteriorating kills more of these than anything.

Consider if you're not ready to spend some big money on electrical system upgrades you'll want to stick to 1200W or less for power. Also a large and solid box will be a wise investment for top performance.

Awaiting pics.

Ill take out out of the box for more pics later if need be.
need to see the motor the ti pro had the 4hp motor on it. didnt think it came with dual 2 ohm. you need to find what ohm this sub is 100 percent sure. before we can even talk amps

I could be wrong, but that looks like the regular Titanium sub, which should have dual 4 ohm voice coils.

Also, was only one coil wired? That is what it looked like in the photo...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.