2 2k budget amps or 1 expensive amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

C1500martin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Cali
So for 2 TANTRIC SOUNDS HD10's should i buy 2 budget amps one for each feeding them their own amp or should i buy one expensive amp? They are rated at 1500rms so id be looking at a 3500rms amp which the cheapest is like $800 compaired to buying 2 2k budget amps such as ppi bk1800 and only spending $400

You get what u pay for in most cases... But seems the new AP is now PPI so cant go wrong with cheap power unless well hopefully ya want find out...
Ppi was the example id ONLY buy the bk18001.D or maybe 2 hifonics brutus elite.

Id much rather buy 2 Q2200 but i dont have money like that right now and even less for a 4200rms amp whichis what 2 q2200 will give me (i know its more but thats all i need)

Matters your electrical, and what your trying to get out of your system
Electrical is just 1 xs d3400 under hood and HO singer 270A alternator

Maybe second battery but not yet. Im going for spl with a bit of sq thats why i chose the HD10s i want loud music not loud noise

U plan on strapping or trying ur hand at gain matching?

Well that would depend on the amps i buy, if i go ppi black ice hand gain matching as ive read they arent strappable and hifonics brutus elite same thing. But if i go with something that is strappable id do that. What do you recommend?

i can sell you an opti4k for than 800, i started a thread like this not too long ago and there was mixed responses, some say two smaller amps would actually help with box rise and some say it would add more. but, i think it was agreed that have having two amps will make more power than one, example two 2ks will make more than a 4k, but it might be different going from two budget amps to a top shelf 3500 or so.

i can sell you an opti4k for than 800, i started a thread like this not too long ago and there was mixed responses, some say two smaller amps would actually help with box rise and some say it would add more. but, i think it was agreed that have having two amps will make more power than one, example two 2ks will make more than a 4k, but it might be different going from two budget amps to a top shelf 3500 or so.
If its the lanzar opti4k it goes for 650 new shipped?

And yea ive been digging through old threads and everyone says different and i figured 2 amps do make more power than one amp and ima save alot of money doing so. If i do go the multiple amp route i think ima go with Hifonics brutus elite 2100 or 2500 considering i get good deals on them

You can get a nice 3500w or so amp for around $500-600 used. Look for crescendo, DD m3a/b, AQ/SQ3500, etc.
Im just way to unlucky when it comes to used stuff so id rather buy new.

You can get a nice 3500w or so amp for around $500-600 used. Look for crescendo, DD m3a/b, AQ/SQ3500, etc.
If he's gonna be pushing it to it's limits, at this point I'd recommend the latter brands before Crescendo. But DD, AQ/SQ, Sundown (for the right price), and similar brands will push a pair of HD10s very well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.