Need help/opinions on setting up a new system

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chris.H

Hi everyone, I've been looking for a good discussion board where I can start a build topic for my system I'm planning. I'm new to car audio so you'll have to overlook the new guy questions...

Anyway, here's what I got. 2009 Silverado Crew Cab LTZ w/ factory Bose sound system. The head unit does not have navigation, just the standard Bose w/ CD. I want to add two 10's under my backseat, and do it right to the best of my abilities and with the help from you guys.

I want to keep the factory head unit, so I know I know I need a line converter recommendations on brands are welcome here, and installation location.

The subs I'm looking at are the Kicker CVT104 also suggestions criticisms welcome.

As for an amp I'm not really sure what to get to power these subs, or if you guys have suggestions for a better sub a good amp to power those.

As far as a box is concerned I haven't made up my mind if I want a down firing box or not to go under the backseat. I think this is what I'm going to go with just for the sake of keeping the subs safe.

All help/suggestions is much appreciated, provide some links too if you can.

Thanks in advance guys!

Sorry should've mentioned that in first post. I'm not really sure exactly, no more than 1000-1500 anyway because that's what the local audio shop quoted me for labor/install. I think I can do it cheaper with myself and a friend. I don't have to have the best but, I don't want a crappy setup either. I know I can get a good down firing box for about 200 but I haven't shopped around either so that leaves plenty of room for wiring, subs, amp, and whatever else.

do not do the cvt. if you get the r&t prefab box for under the seat that box will fit the cvr. much better speaker, the cvt's just kinda ****. down firing is a better way to go in that rig because if you fire up you have to do a smaller speaker. R&t box with 2 cvr 10's does great. adn then just get as good an amp as you can to keep in your budget, which should be a kick *** amp for a 1000-1500 total budget.

Good sound advice so far folks, thanks. I'm going to look up that R&T Box and the CVR's. Can you recommend an amp to go with those two subs?

Sundown sd-2 for sub 300$ for pair unless you can fit a sa 10 and at least a min of 1000 watts rms. audio technix has a 1200 on sale right now for 258$ looks like a beast of a amp cheap on close out sale.

Great advice from those who took the time to help, but here's what I have decided on going, if you have opinions they are welcome:

The R/T Downfiring sub box

Kicker 12CX1200.1 1200watt RMS @ 2ohms for amp

2 - Kicker 40CWR102 with dual 2 ohm voice coil

AudioControl LC2i 2-channel line output converter

Kicker 09ZCK44 4-channel Amp Kit 4 Gauge

I think I'll have a pretty hard hitting system with this setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.