Need help on what to get!

Participant count
  • Participant list

r00t

NY
I was wondering what i needed to install my pioneer deh-150mp aftermarket stereo in my 2002 Monte Carlo SS. I have my own amp and wont be using the stock amp. It has OnStar but i dont use it and dont need it. I have everything besides the wiring harness or kit to hook up my aftermarket stereo to the wires behind the deck. Can anyone link some things on to buy?

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i do.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

but if i buy the harness, will it stop draining my battery? lol. It never did this before the stereo install.

bump!

at the moment i have everything hooked up and working, but i never used a wiring harness/kit for my stock 'plug-in'. i cut the wires and spliced them all up. for some reason the security wouldn't allow me to start my car after, so after messing around i got it to bypass the security to let me start the car. Now my battery keeps dying and some how and some where im getting constant power till it kills the battery. I hooked the ignition wire from the stereo to my A/C Fan fuse because the stereo and sound was always on before, after hooking it to the fuse it now shuts off with the car. But my battery still continues to drain and die.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.