Dont know what to call it

A-Aron

Michigan
Ok, so I have been on google for the past hour looking at car audio forums and all that BS and i finally found this one that looked decent. i honestly dont have any sort of head unit or speakers yet, gotta get it when i get some money this summer but figured i would get a jump start on this.

I got a 93 f150 with a ****** head unit that only has two speakers and i know that they dont make 2 channel head units. I was trying to find a way to connect a pioneer (or whatever i end up getting) to only two speakers. Can i just buy a 4 channel amp and bridge it so that way its connected to only two speakers? Or just not hook up 2 of the channels? I realize its probably a stupid question but i've been seeing so much ******** that i just want a for sure answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do either, its up to you really i would say if the speakers can handle it bridge the first speaker on the 1st and 2nd channel and the second speaker on the 3rd n 4th channel.

And make sure your amp gains are set right, if you do a search on here on "setting amp gains" a bunch of threads will pop up

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

What speakers you plan on getting and what 4ch?

Ok, so I have been on google for the past hour looking at car audio forums and all that BS and i finally found this one that looked decent.I'm 15, i honestly dont have any sort of head unit or speakers yet, gotta get it when i get some money this summer but figured i would get a jump start on this.I got a 93 f150 with a ****** head unit that only has two speakers and i know that they dont make 2 channel head units. I was trying to find a way to connect a pioneer (or whatever i end up getting) to only two speakers. Can i just buy a 4 channel amp and bridge it so that way its connected to only two speakers? Or just not hook up 2 of the channels? I realize its probably a stupid question but i've been seeing so much ******** that i just want a for sure answer.
Ok so get component speakers. which means youll have two door speakers and two tweeters. Itll come with a crossover. Getting a two channel amp will allow you to run power to that crossover. That crossover will then split the speaker signal and send low freq to your door speakers and high freq to your tweeters. Youll have to find a place to mount tweeters.

Depending on what head unit you have. Itll have different amounts of rcas in the back. between 1-3 pairs. Front/rear/sub rcas. For a 2 channel amp. you only need one pair but any head unit worth its weight will have all three.

you run rcas from your head unit to your amp and then speakers wire to your speaker. Power wires to your amp.

I have a decent pair of components I can sell you cheap and a 4 ch. amp cheap, I also have rca's I will throw in plus some wire and fuse holder for your power and ground, so basically I can sell you everything you need cheap, all you would need is a head unit.

hifonics 100.4 4 ch. used for aprox. 3 months

polk audio db6501 comp. set still in box, never powered

30 ft. or so of 0ga. cca..... enough to wire the one amp and this cca will run it fine for that amp. (new)

fuse holder for the wire and fuse. (new)

if I can find enough speaker wire I will throw in what I have.

all for $180 plus shipping if your interested. just pm me

dont know, honestly only got 100 saved up for now but gonna find some work this summer so prob 250. Didnt plan on buying anything soon, just trying to find out bout how much i gotta save up. was kind of looking at the soundstream RC.6 sets. they look pretty nice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.