Need help on box build , tuning

Participant count
  • Participant list

reesef808

hawaii
I have a powerbass 3xl in a Atrend 12lsv box tuned at 43hz, and its not hitting the lows like I want it to. It only moves air. I would like to build or buy a box that will show the potential of this sub. How would I go about doing this? The sub is rated 850rms

That box looks pretty nice. The only issue is the high tuning. It's probably about 10 hz too high for what you want. I know this is ghetto but you could figure out a way to lengthen the port a bit. Which enclosure is it? The 2.5 cube with the port on the right side?

Yes it is. How can I modify the port to tune it to around 33hz?
One sec. Lemme figure it out.

Edit. It's hard to determine without knowing the exact width of the port. Some quick numbers indicate that the box may not be wide (long) enough to accommodate a port long enough to simply lengthen it. Not only that but 10 hz is a big jump and you'll sacrifice a lot of net volume. Perhaps someone else has an idea using the current box or can double check the numbers. If the port is 4 inches wide you'd likely have to add 10 inches or so to it which drops you from 2.5 cubes to less than 1.8.

What would be the best box to buy thats 2.5 cu ft at 33hz? I would rather just buy one. Unless building one from scratch is better
Well you're always better off building it yourself because you can brace, double baffle, kerf, etc. Online sales will do some of that too but they often cost an arm and a leg. I can tell you this, if I manage to get a business going I will build custom ordered boxes and do my best to sell them cheap. I'd imagine shipping to Hawaii is pretty expensive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.