Need help making the power wire fit.

op if you really want to learn about fusing and such check this site out

http://www.bcae1.com

there is a section on fusing, power wire size, and lots of other things. it good stuff.

if you just wanted you question answered and be done with it you can go with what the other suggested.

also remember that you dont need a fused dist. block if your primary fuse (at the battery) is rated for the smallest wire in the chain. in other words: if you fuse the 1/0 at the battery with a 60 amp fuse, you dont need another fuse at the dist. block. if you add another amp later on (and still use 4ga at the distrobution block), you can up the primary fuse to around 100 amps without having to fuse at the dist. block. 4ga wire is rated for 100ish amps with no problem.

it might be cheaper to buy a non-fused dist. block and a small primary fuse if you dont plan on upgrading much.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.