Need Help? Let Me know

you seem like a very good guy and from the pics do good work i SO wish i was just a little closer to you. its SOOO impossibly hard to find anyone in this hobby that WANTS to help people learn and teach them stuff ESPECIALLY hands on...

im getting SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dam sick of the general audio community just full of stuck up pricks

but i will make sure to remember you when i am in need of some help this forum isnt even really worth it...i mean there are a couple of good guys scattered around but thats about it

you seem like a very good guy and from the pics do good work i SO wish i was just a little closer to you. its SOOO impossibly hard to find anyone in this hobby that WANTS to help people learn and teach them stuff ESPECIALLY hands on...
im getting SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dam sick of the general audio community just full of stuck up pricks

but i will make sure to remember you when i am in need of some help this forum isnt even really worth it...i mean there are a couple of good guys scattered around but thats about it
Sounds good man, I have traveled far for jobs but your just a little to far for a road trip. Possibly a airplane ticket would be in order as i did for CA.

A friend of mine was having some serious trouble with his 2000 mustang audio system. Randomly shut off and sometimes wouldn't have any sound at all. Come to find out the factory amp had been bypassed and multiple speakers wired in parallel to one speaker output. Multiple short runs of short speaker wire were used to make a full run as well causing shorts along the way. Decided the best thing to do was a complete rewire. Take a look.

Before rewire

Stuff that was removed

After

Everything is working well now and as it should after getting rid of improper wiring and shorts.

I have a few installs/details to update the thread with. First up a 2007 350z install and car detail.

The customer wanted to keep the factory look as much as possible while still giving him better sound quality.

Installed:

Alpine type R Shallow sub

Alpine PDX-V9 5 channel amp

Focal 5 1/4 rears

Hertz HSK 165 fronts

Taped off the center console to prevent any scratching during install.

Head unit harness solder, heat shrunk, and zip tied.

Factory sub was removed

New sub test fitted

Rears installed

New speakers just barely have enough space to clear the door.

Tweeters installed

Amp installed in the rear glove box for maximum stealth.

On the same car I did a full detail the fallowing week.

Before

All floor mats were scrubbed down with Chemical Guys Stain remover and extracted.

1z deep plastic cleaner used in some areas for cleaning.

Chemical Guys Silk shine applied

Leather before and after cleaning and treatment

Interior after

Just detailed my car last weekend! Looks great man. Install work is excellent as well. I just re-did my buddies ride who had a 'professional' shop install it. They did the twist and tape method, no zip ties, no organization or anything. I redid all the wiring, soldered, heat shrunk, etc.

Glad to see other people take pride in the install process!

Get your remote start done the proper way. Installed a Compustar CS-800 today in a 2007 Hyundai Sonata today. All wiring was prepped ahead of time and twisted to lose slack.

Installed antenna

Installed the brain behind the fuse box out of sight and away from everything. Than routed all wires to their locations.

All wires shortened and installed.

I was wondering when you would update this thread next. I like the work you've posted. I'm a fellow south jerseyan like you and there aren't many installers/companies around. Keep up the good work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...