Need Help? Let Me know

Today was a double header, went to Brooklyn NY for two install in one day.

IMAG0187.jpg

Infinity

IMAG0178.jpg

IMAG0177.jpg

IMAG0176.jpg

Stock location for mic

IMAG0181.jpg

IMAG0179.jpg

New Mic

IMAG0182.jpg

Looks stock

IMAG0183.jpg

Lets wire it up

IMAG0203.jpg

Wiring for rear camera.

IMAG0204.jpg

Tape to protect the interior from scratches.

IMAG0205.jpg

New speakers soldered

IMAG0206.jpg

New wires ran

IMAG0207.jpg

Crossovers mounted

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

Mounting area for kenwood camera.

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0212.jpg

Small gap for camera wire.

IMAG0213.jpg

Extra wire from camera all cleaned up.

IMAG0214.jpg

Pink wire, blue wire "on other layer" and black wire for metra controls.

IMAG0215.jpg

NO GAP with dash kit.

IMAG0216.jpg

Customer feedback

"Install went pretty well and smoothly for the most part. Matt did a great and thorough job on my 370Z. You don't get this type of personal service when you go to the "professional" shops.

About Matt (BigAudioFanat).

Through this entire process Matt has given me outstanding advice. He has been dead on 100% of the time. He has shared his personal opinions on many things, but ultimately allowed me to make all the decisions. Never once did he try to push his personal preference on me. He was extremely flexible, patient, professional and was always available to answer my (quite literally) 5,000 random questions. He also helped me find the cheapest prices possible!

I went to 4 different "professional" installers and by going through Matt I literally saved over $1000. Furthermore he was much more willing to do the things I wanted! One install shop really tried pushing me to buy a rear view camera that I adamantly did NOT want (a boyo license plate camera) and charge me $250 for it!!! He was relentless telling me the type of camera i wanted was "lame" (Pioneer NDBC4). In addition to that he tried to charge me $1200 for the Pioneer avic-x920bt claiming I was getting a $200 discount since the MSRP is $1400. Now I mean.. come on!!! Best Buy sells the headunit for $1000!!! I ended up getting the headunit for less than half of what this clown tried to charge me!

About the Install...

We were able to install the bluetooth microphone up inside the dome light module. If you notice.. there are small holes for the sound to travel through and once you open it up there is plenty of space in there. The microphone is completely invisible and after testing it works perfectly! Major Kudos to Matt for making it work!

A few months ago some guy was arguing with Matt saying that you do not need the dash kit when installing the Pioneer x920bt. The guy repeatedly said that you DONT need the Metra Dash Kit, that the gap around the edge was not noticeable. Well he could not be more wrong. Without the dash kit there is a small but VERY annoying gap. The Pioneer x920bt has the ridge around the front and is completely exposed without the dash kit. Also there is a gap across the top of the headunit that is wide enough to stick 2 business cards into so to the person who adamantly said you dont need the dash kit... you were wrong... nothing personal... "just sayin.."

The Axxess ASWC works great! The unit did not auto detect with the headunit and car but Matt was able to program it in less than 20 min. I was very concerned about this part of the install because there have been a number of people who have had difficulty setting this unit up.

install pics coming soon."

Infinit owner wanted to remove the bose system so I went back for some upgrades.

IMG_0625.jpg

Run new wires

IMG_0627.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

New tweeters

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

All back together

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

Did a Mazda 6 today, was great the metra was so fast it was setup in about 10 seconds with auto program amazing speed. Owner was very happy with everything dont and sound as well.

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

Stock

IMG_0661.jpg

Ran new speaker wires

IMG_0662.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

Stock vs aftermarket, aftermarket wins every time

IMG_0664.jpg

New speakers installed used dynamat to help seal them.

IMG_0666.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

Back to looking normal

IMG_0668.jpg

Matt (bigaudiofanatic) recently did a big install in my Mazda 6 and I couldn't be happier with the results. I first pm'd Matt for advice on what to get and he had plenty of good suggestions and answered every question I had. Seeing all of the positive feedback he has for his installs I decided to go to him for the install as well. I got a kenwood head unit with bluetooth and a metra steering wheel adapter, polk db 6.5 components for the front, polk db 5x7 components for the rear, a cadence amp for the speakers, a bazooka tube sub, a profile amp for the sub. Matt knocked all of this out in a single day, but by no means did he rush. He ran new wires, modified the stock tweeter mountings so the new tweeters would fit, used dynamat to fill in the gaps in the speaker mountings, soldered ever wire and used heat shrink...the list of little extra touches goes on. He treats your car like its his own, and he really takes his time and does clean work. I bombarded him with questions during the install and he happily answered all of them. He even taught me how to solder. If you want a thorough, clean, professional install for an incredibly reasonable price take all of your questions and your car to Matt. You will NOT be disappointed.

Thanks, there are a few z owners out in TX that want me to do installs. If you wanted to setup a ground install for a few people and it is worth my travel I would come over.

I finally got my dad to allow me to put new speakers in his element. He did not want a new head unit, "as of yet" but he did allow me to go ahead with new speakers. Tomorrow will probably do the fronts and install the polk mm components. This element does have the higher output stereo which means the new speakers can get more power. Before you ask you can not do the same with your bose system.

Let's get started.

IMG_0732.jpg

Old rear speakers

IMG_0733.jpg

Speaker adapters

IMG_0734.jpg

My trusty assistant always there to leaned a hand and look over my work. AKA tiger the audio helping cat.

IMG_0735.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

Yep all looks good Matt button it up!

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

Factory sub

IMG_0742.jpg

Decided to keep the factory plugs in place in case he wanted to go back which I do not see happening.

IMG_0744.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...