Need Help Installing Speakers Correctly

Participant count
  • Participant list

del
10+ year member

I have a '94 Accord LX Coupe and just bought some Infinity Kappa 693.5i model 6 x 9

speakers. I need some advice on how to connect these in my rear correctly? They come with an extra connection which is a crossover per speaker. I would like to connect it regularly 'cuz I don't have an amp to connecto it to...yet. Do....I need to use the separate crossover connection if I am just gonna run it off my headunit? I bought an extra connection so...it would plug in without splicing wires. I just wanna connect it normally. See...there are two pairs of positive and negative ends on the speakers...and I don't wanna connect the wires wrong and end up messing up these new speakers. So, I am asking for some advice on how to connect them correctly?

You need to use the crossover. 1st connect the speakers to the crossovers. The crossover should have 2 outputs and 1 input. One output is for the woofer and the other is for the tweeter. The input should be connected to head unit. The crossover splits the signal in two so that the tweet gets the highs and the woofer gets the lows. Without a crossover your tweeters would be damaged by low frequencies.

Excellent choice for rear deck speakers.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by indosia You need to use the crossover. 1st connect the speakers to the crossovers. The crossover should have 2 outputs and 1 input. One output is for the woofer and the other is for the tweeter. The input should be connected to head unit. The crossover splits the signal in two so that the tweet gets the highs and the woofer gets the lows. Without a crossover your tweeters would be damaged by low frequencies.

Excellent choice for rear deck speakers.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thanks man, I didn't know that I have to use the crossovers! So, can I use an OEM wire adapter that you can buy at a Electronic store like Circuit City to connect the speakers or would I have to splice wires? I am talking about the wire adapters that you just plug together without having to splice anything? But yeah...you cleared up alot things. Really appreciate it!

I don't think there is an adapter. You can cut the oem wire and crimp on some new terminals that will connect to the crossover. Make sure you connect + to + and - to -.

i just bought the same 6x9s and i don't have the dough for a crossover yet...can i hook up just the mids and leave the tweets off so i don't damage them?

Originally posted by cyber256 i just bought the same 6x9s and i don't have the dough for a crossover yet...can i hook up just the mids and leave the tweets off so i don't damage them?
If you bought them brand new....they should come with the crossover 'cuz mine did. The crossover is that extra couple wires that come in the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.