Need help !! I have a pioneer GM-D8601 Amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Brian M

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I have the above mentioned amp and 15” sub box with a blown diamond sub. Looking to replace the blown sub. The amp does 800 watts at 0 ohms. Anyone know of a good speaker I can use with this amp. Don’t want to spend more then 300. Thanks in advance.

Think this amp does 500 watts at 2 ohms. The speaker mentioned above is 600 watt at 2 ohms will I have a heat issue and burn up the sub ?

Not if your gain is set correctly. But 9/10 people will try to push the amp more to get more power since the subwoofer is so underpowered and end up clipping it to death.

But that subwoofer is a Dual 2 ohm which will wire to a 1 ohm load.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

All you need. I've been running these for years in 3 different vehicles. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BL57JO2/?tag=caraudiocom-20
This may be an option for you as well. Im sure Amazon has them on theyre site also to be purchased. Great amps...
I would try a pair of Bass Blockers on the rear speakers. I always place them on Coax. speakers generally, Should help quite a bit I like PAC ones...
https://youtube.com/@SaabUnleashed?si=-8qdxpYY0yGzrMsL Here you go. This guy does android head unit reviews. His reviews are how I found my...
If you want 5 channels of amplification you just need 5 channels of amplification. You can do this with 5 amps or 1, depends on budget and space...

About this thread

Brian M

CarAudio.com Newbie
Brian M
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from